Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The real boss.....

Last night at dinner Braxton was talking about our new president....Braxton was proud that it was the one he wanted to win....That was funny because he was not the candidate that Tommy and I supported, but Braxton was dead set on him.....just from pictures and TV that is who he chose.... he said he wanted him to win all along...So, during dinner he went on to ask more details...Where does the president live?? and What does the president do?? As a 5 year old he is wondering what makes this guy such a big deal.....We told him that he is the commander and chief of the entire United States...that he is the big boss! Braxton quickly responded, "Well, God is really the "BIG BOSS!" I loved that answer and we quickly responded that yes you are right....God is the the Boss!

I just wanted to share and make sure that we all remember who the real boss is....Barack Obama is an inspirational speaker and definitely moves people like no other president we've seen....that was shown clearly as millions of people waved their American flags during his inauguration. And while not my original candidate of choice, I do support him completely. But, even this confident, contagious leader cannot do what he says he can do without the help of the "real boss"....so I say that we all pray for our new president and a fresh start for the United States and with God's power problems can be solved and a nation unite! God Bless America!


Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

No comments: